How It Works
Answer a few questions
Tell us a little about your loan requirements & the home you want to buy or refinance.
Get data-driven results
Our algorithm takes your answers into account to find a local lender who can help.
Talk to a local lender
A local lender will reach out soon to help you find the right loan for you.
Why Pre-Qualification Matters
Find your comfort zone
Start your home search right by knowing exactly what you can spend.
Make an offer faster
Getting pre-qualified early can help you be ready to make an offer faster.
Prove you’re credible
Give sellers confidence to accept your offer by showing you can get a loan.
Common Questions about Lenders
- Will I get a ton of unwanted phone calls from multiple lenders?No. Only a single lender who is licensed to work in your area and has a history of positive customer ratings will receive your contact information. You will have the option to contact more lenders if you choose. But unlike other sites, your information will not be shared with multiple lenders.
- Is my information secure?We are committed to keeping your information safe and secure. We use the same encryption and security used by major banking institutions. And we never resell your information to multiple lenders.
- Why should I use this site to find a lender?Most home shoppers find a lender based on a recommendation from a friend or real estate agent, but that won’t guarantee you’ll get the best rate or the best service. On Zillow, you can research mortgage professionals on the largest online network of lenders with hundreds of thousands of customer reviews. As a licensed mortgage broker, Zillow Group Marketplace, Inc. ("ZGMI"), we've also created a mortgage marketplace that encourages transparency on all levels.
How We Help You Find a Lender
Answer a few questions about your financial profile
Get in touch with a local, licensed lender to see if you pre-qualify
Work with your lender to find out how much home you can afford
Why Use Trulia's Mortgage Tools?
Trulia has tools for your entire home shopping experience, from searching for homes to helping you find a lender.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between getting pre-approved and getting pre-qualified?
- I just started looking at homes. Is it too early to get pre-approved or pre-qualified for a mortgage?
- Am I obligated to work with the lender who pre-approved or pre-qualified me when I’m ready to buy a house?
- What kind of lenders will I find on Trulia?
- Will I get a ton of phone calls from multiple lenders?
How to Choose the Right Lender for You
When buying a home, having the right lender can make a big difference.
Many home shoppers use a lender based on a recommendation from a friend or real estate agent, and don’t bother shopping around. But that won’t guarantee you’ll get the best rate or get the best service. If you need a loan, it’s best to compare rates from at least three different lenders to find the best loan for you.
Use our tool to find one lender (or more if you choose) who can help with a loan for your situation. Compare the rates and programs of lenders you find here with those you find through your agent, family or friends. Then you’ll be able to choose the right lender – and right loan – for you.